Friday, July 23, 2004

Friday, July 23, 2004

In two hours, I'll be leaving work to meet Stephanie and Del and then drive to Santa Cruz. Kasey has invited us, as well as Patrick Durgin and LRSN, to speak to his summer term course on poetry about being "poets." I can imagine myself giving sad advice such as "brush up on your math skills." or "if you don't have a sugar mommy/daddy, I'd suggest you find one." or "ever consider being a plumber?" or "there's always law school." or "being a barista isn't that bad." Then I'll proclaim that "it isn't 'BAD' to write love poems...see, I do it...I'm the 'Romantic Poet for the Modern World'...excuse me while I weep." I guess I'm just really excited to go back to Santa Cruz and see how THE REGENTS have slashed and burned the redwood forest that was so shady and cool during my stay at SC as well as entering a building I never entered while there, Social Sciences 1.


Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment